Monday, March 3, 2014

Playing with GoPro

Yesterday, my son and I mounted my new GoPro camera to the spotlight and were able to take some great videos.  Unfortunately, the one I wanted to share was too long and big, and I haven't figured out how to edit it yet.  I am including another video from entering Deep Point Marina, which is next door to my house.  We headed into Deep Point and picked up Jane and Mark from Average Looper, for a quick "on-the-water tour" of Southport.



The GoPro camera is great.  Not only can I move it from inside the boat because it is mounted on the spotlight, but I can control it from my Ipad and see what it is taking a picture of.  It is wide angle, so sailboat masts tend to bend as they hit the edges, and things appear further away than they really are.  The high definition quality is amazing.


3 comments:

  1. Glad we found your blog we look forward to following you on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying your blog. We'll be hopping on the loop this summer from Georgian Bay, Canada. I love the GoPro shots. I might just have to get me one of those. :-) What a great memory maker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanya;
    Just got to your blog from the 10-05 Loudhailer Pub. It's a real adventure and you get to do a new shakedown about everyday. Lots years ago I went through the Troy Locks - Hudson River NY and it was a real experience... we got a real long bow to stern line (second anchor line) and rigged lock boards to protect our 28' Trojan Cabin Cruiser.
    Best wishes on for good weather, deep water and fair winds,
    Jim Stoddard - Southport

    ReplyDelete