Friday, April 11, 2014

Celebrations

Preparing for this trip has been quite the undertaking, and I am fortunate to have so many friends who support me in my endeavors.  Barb, from my Zumba class, threw me a Bon Voyage party at her beach house.  Shirley, another friend is having a Bon Voyage dinner tonight.  While in Arizona, people I work with threw parties for me as well.

I feel fortunate for all the people who have been in my life and have been so wonderful.


Thank you!

In addition to all my friends in Southport and Arizona, I have  had the opportunity to meet other Loopers, Sailors, and random strangers, supportive of this adventure.


There are a few last minute details, which need to be taken care of.  My boat, Annabelle, is finally starting to feel more like a home.  Everything is getting put away.  I am waiting for a part for my engine, and it should be here Monday.  Sometimes, things come down to the wire.  The schedule for leaving Tuesday may change, depending on the weather.  A couple days ago it was looking good, but today it is not.  We will see!  There are no schedules on the loop... weather can change things.

No comments:

Post a Comment