Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Day Two!

We made it another day!  I am just going to post a few pictures.  Some of them I took, because they made me laugh.  For instance, we were going fairly slow, and a sailboat, Kitten Wake, passed us.  OK... I know we were slow, but today, I averaged 1.5 gallons per hour, which is pretty good.  Besides, we weren't in a hurry!  I saw a Scarab, with three big motors.  This didn't catch Mark and Jane's attention, but since my new neighbors, who now live in my house, have a Scarab, it was fun to take a picture.  I think this Scarab was bigger than Glen's!  I imagine it takes a couple gallons just to start the motor.  Scarab's would NEVER be passed by a sailboat.


The most difficult part of the day was heading through the Bogue Sound.  It was a bumpy ride in my boat.  I just wanted to get through it.  We headed into Spooner's Creek to anchor, but there were other boats ahead of us, and not enough spots to anchor.  We decided to stay at the marina, which worked out really well.  We are quite comfortable here.

Here are a few pics!

Shrimp Boats

Spooner's Marina

This Scarab has a hard top and 3 motors!

Kitten Wake - Yes, she passed me!

Waiting for Onslow Bridge to open

The Pink House.



No comments:

Post a Comment