Saturday, April 5, 2014

Ten days and counting down

I can't believe I am leaving in ten days!  This has been a busy week.  Last Monday was my last day of work in Nogales, AZ.  I finished up in Douglas on the 27th.  I love the people I work with!  Tuesday, I spent the day flying home.  Wednesday, I actually finished up the work from Monday. Thursday I only got one text from work.  Friday... no work.  We will see what Monday brings.  It might be me, but the concept of NOT working is surreal.

My future neighbors moved into my house, before I got back from Arizona.  I am so fortunate to have them living here. I must admit, it feels a little strange coming home to Beth and Glen.  Glen has already fixed some things in my house, including things I didn't even know needed fixing.  Beth has been taking my dog out for walks.  My friends, Mark and Jane, pointed out to me, while they were dog-sitting and house-sitting, that my dog only hides out in my office, while I am here.  All this time  I thought my dog liked to hide out in my office.  However, she was just trying to keep me company, while I hid out in my office!

I have been spending my days at the boat, or working on the boat.  The never-ending-list continues to grow, no matter how much I get done.  I have upgraded my chartplotter, radar, and numerous other things on my boat. My friend, Richard, sold my old equipment.  Mark from the Average Looper, installed my new electronics.  I would like to say he helped me, but really, I helped him.  I have made it easier to open the hatches, by installing sailing mast steps (because I am so short).  I have new blinds and am working on the front window coverings.  Tim (Tim's Towers) made me the best ever aluminum top to replace my bimini, and a crane for my dinghy outboard motor.  Now, he is making a hard, aluminum frame for the outboard to make it easier to maneuver with the crane. Smitty (Signs of Distinction), did some vinyl magic for my throwable flotation device.  It couldn't be prettier!  I passed my Coast Guard Auxiliary vessel inspection and have my sticker.  I am still working on adding ballast to the front, starboard side.  I have some ideas.  My 200 hour service will be done Monday by Zimmerman Marine, and my bottom cleaning and zincs will be done next week.  Justin, who does the bottom cleaning, will also be upgrading my bow and stern thruster propellers.

My goal is to move out of my house and onto my boat by next Tuesday.  I am sure there will be many more trips between my house and my boat.  Fortunately, it is only a mile or two.

OMG, did I say Tuesday?  THREE days????  YIKES!

One last thing... Dean is back.  His half-loop adventure, from New Orleans to Annapolis, didn't work out the way he had planned.  All is good with him and the owner of the sailboat.  I look forward to meeting her in Annapolis.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tanya, Laurie Sigle from Zumba. I stopped by the marina today and must admit I had a great big SMILE on my face even before I got out of the car! Annabelle is wonderful! I couldn't imagine a more picturesque boat for your great adventure. I hope we have an opportunity to chat again before your trip. I am looking forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete