Sunday, May 11, 2014

Big boats and little boats

I am sitting in my little Tug, with great views of the water.  It is a Sunday, and in general, not much gets done on Sundays in boat yards.  However, Ralph, who runs Tidewater boatyard, is here working.  Today, he has offered to take me to the grocery store, so I can get some provisions.  I am close enough to restaurants, that I am not really in dire straights for anything. However, when I leave in a couple days, it will be nice to have some fresh produce.

The one restaurant which has been recommended by a few people is a German place called the Bier Garden.  I went there a few nights ago with Tom (No Compromises) and Mark and Jane (Average Looper), and may go back. I only had a bowl of soup for dinner, as I saw their apple streudal, and opted for more dessert and less dinner.

Meanwhile, most of my time is spent here at the marina, on my little boat, high above the ground, looking out over the water.  Most of my friends have left and headed up the Chesapeake.  I will be a few days behind.  While waiting for the repairs to be finished, I have the best view of boat traffic.  From aircraft carriers to rowboats, I think I have seen it all.  Here are some pictures of the various boats that travel along these waters, in my temporary backyard.














No comments:

Post a Comment