Thursday, May 15, 2014

Hampton

The repairs were finished on my boat yesterday!  It was a tough day, leaving behind Tidewater Marina, where I was really starting to feel at home.  Gaston did a sea trial with me, and then I was on my own, heading out for a two hour run up to Hampton.  I got into the Hampton City docks at 5:00 and was met by Ralph and Gaston from Tidewataer to help me tie up.  It wasn't the best of docking, as I initially headed into the slip with my bow, only to realize that a "stern in" tie up would be much better.  So with the help of the dockhand, Ashley, I rotated my boat around. Then, with perfect timing, Ralph and Gaston showed up!  (I have heard this trip is all about the people we meet, and I have to agree!)

Today, I cleaned my boat and walked around town.  I went to the museum and found out how much history this little town has, from the 1600's... a LOT of history.  I took some pictures of murals on some of the old brick walls.  Tomorrow I might go to the Virginia Air and Space Center.  It will be raining, so I will be here in Hampton until Saturday morning.  Then, I will head north on the Chesapeake and meet back up with Mark and Jane, from the "not so Average Loopers", to continue on this great trip of ours.








No comments:

Post a Comment